Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Economy

"When you worry about your money and the economy, you increase the likelyhood that your money and the economy will remain in a place that seems to be uncomfortable." - At One

I sat on the subway this past Monday reading about the demise of Lehman Brothers and the sale of Merrill Lynch. For several years I worked for a company that built and ran the fitness centers for those corporate giants. I taught group exercise classes at Lehman, Merrill Lynch and Bear Stearns (which went under earlier this year). My subway reading led me to think about all of the people I'd met and taught at those places, and I wondered how many of them would be looking for new employment. Suddenly I got very excited. It dawned on me that this was a great opportunity for positive change. The possibilities are endless! Those brilliant, creative minds could now be free to start new businesses, develop new technologies, and live their dreams. How fantastic is that! My prayer during this time is that we all look inside and outside and see the unlimited, marvelous potential and beauty that abounds all ways. Amen.

1 comment:

Lumiere said...

The reminder for me at this time, is to reach deep for my knowing, that I reside in positive abundance, am grateful and to remain centered for opportunity as the climate of everything around me screams, "chaos".