Sunday, November 23, 2008

Falling From Grace or Growing?

"As you reflect upon the experiences in your life, please know that everything is indeed co-created -by you, the Universe and others." - At One

An inventory: What is in my Human Being bag these days? (Please note that this bag is subject to inspection by everyone at any time.)


- Love
- Fear
- Arrogance
- Elation
- Sadness
- Relief
- Reflection
- Honesty
- Vulnerability
- Revolution
- Revelation

Sometimes I struggle with being human. For the past month I have had an opportunity to experience the shadow side of my human beingness up close and personal and it has not always been pretty. Then again, when is it pretty? Like many people, when Shadow rears it's head I want to run far, far away. As much as my training has taught me to face it or recreate it, I sometimes let Fear win, set up house, and invite his relatives (Anger, Arrogance, Doubt, Confusion, Resentment and Jealousy), for a visit. When Fear comes along I may find myself acting like someone "who should know better" and creating a mess wherever I go. Inevitably, someone will remind me that my home is being overrun by nasty intruders and I start the eviction process. Once Fear realizes that I mean business and starts to head off, I see that I am left with a hefty cleaning bill as a trail of disappointments, hurt feelings and other pains are revealed. How will I remedy the situation?

Thankfully, there is beauty in what appears to be a mess and I remember that I have many tools at my disposal. Shadow and Fear have opened a door and Change has happily walked into my life again. While Change may look big and wide and deep and scary as she first approaches, I know that Love, Forgiveness, and Consciuosness are also along for the ride. They will take care of a lot of the work and all I need to do is stand back, take a breathe and agree to let them do what they do best. When all is said and done, I can finally see (just as my friends kept telling me to look for) the bigger picture: Human BEING. Human GROWING. Human CHANGING. Human BETTERING.

(For Ad with love.)

1 comment:

RMC said...

I'm with you Joe!