Wednesday, August 6, 2008

You Are What You Are

August 6, 2008



"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart. There I travel, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length. And there I travel, looking, looking breathlessly." - Don Juan, from Carlos Castaneda's The Teachings of Don Juan



I love the work of Carlos Castaneda. It always reminds me to be true to myself, to be my self. A wonderful teacher of mine always asks, "What do you want, Joe?" And then she reminds me that if I continue to want, I may not be trusting that the things that I want are already here, just waiting for me to step into.



Today in meditation I had a vision of people from my past walking out of my body, saying goodbye. It was not a sad moment. It was a moment to recognize that the past is the past and I cannot change it. What I can change, and always strive to, is the way I think about the past. Another mentor of mine, Lorna Roberts, often talked about "the hungry ghosts of the past". Are we letting the ghosts of the past keep us from being present to what is in front of us now and from moving into our future with great freedom and joy?



What do you want?



Further listening in today's meditation brought this:

Your openness will ultimately allow love to funnel in! You are LOVE. You breathe LOVE. You emit LOVE. There is more LOVE in you than anything else. When you allow that LOVE to come in and go out, everything around you must change. The vibration of LOVE is so abundantly powerful it will alter the course of any other energy. Remember: LOVE created you. Love will all ways love you.



Thanks and Peace!



Joe

3 comments:

Bluesplashy said...

Just what I needed to hear. I have been letting the ghosts from my past run all over me for a while. Time to move on for me. Thanks, looking forward to more.

bilancia said...

lovely, truthful, and inspiring!

i have always appreciated working with you in person, and having a chance to read what you're pondering is pretty amazing!

thanks, joe!!!
xoxoxoxoxo

Stephanie Geyer said...

True that, love. Well done. New site looks great, as well. xo sg